Detailed description - click
Photobook on the expansion of the church of The Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Poland in Stróże. Community edition related to the personal project of Krzysztof Ligęza Brickwork.
In 1910 a brickwork was opened in Stróże. The bricks produced there were used to build the local church. The preparation started in 1917. The construction process began in 1918 – that year Poland regained independence after 123 years. In 2012 the brickwork bankrupted and was destroyed in 2014. The last batch of bricks was used to expand the church. The added part took the place of the former school. The old part of the temple was renovated, then united with the new one.
The book contains photographs showing the expansion process and the parish community life (2010-2020), archival images (1910-1957), as well as facsimile.
● Size: 30x22cm, landscape format.
● 256 pages.
● 309 photographs: 271 by Krzysztof Ligęza, 22 by parish members, 16 archival – development process (2010-2020), archival images (1910-1957), documents (facsimile).
● Cover: hardcover, soft touch.
● High printing detail: 450 lines per inch (lpi)
● 170 g paper.
● ISBN 978-83-950342-1-3.
● Edition: 1000 copies.
● Published: 2020.