“Get into photography” – workshops
Client: Our Lady of Fatima Professional Activity Institute by the Fundation Supporting Disabled People, Stróże, Poland.
Internet website: www.zazstroze.pl
- Concept and lecturing of the course developed according to needs of the Professional Activity Institute employees.
- 32 h theoretical and practical lessons, including 3 thematic plein-airs.
- Providing professional photographic equipment for the course, this included DSLR with set of lens & filters plus tripod.
I. Lectures and practical classes in context of contemporary photographer work environment.
II. Data and images archival practice.
III. Learning graphical programs for photography editing purposes.
IV. Photographic plein-airs with exercises. Learning through experience & reflection on doing. Discussing work.
V. Individual consultation.
1. The use of contemporary photographic equipment.
2. What camera? Advise & guidance.
3. Exposure control – info & guidance.
4. Selection and control of the camera settings. Practical exercises. Discussing examples as well as learners images.
5. Using knowledge in real life situations.
6. Digital archive system: how to safely store your files.
7. Three photographic, thematic plein-airs.
8. Types of imaging: conventions & genres.
9. Elements of studio & product photography.
10. On composition. Analyzing and interpretation of the masters of photography examples as well as the learners images.
11. Learning Adobe Lightroom. On digital images processing. Exercises:
a) images selection & cataloging,
b) RAW and JPG – why, when & what for?
c) processing (brightening, darkening, cropping, white balance control, tonal & color correction, noise reduction, sharpening etc.)
d) preparing images for Internet as well as printing.
– Developing learners images with use of practical knowledge on:
c) archival rules.
12. Group discussion.
13. On printing & framing:
a) contemporary printing methods,
b) papers choice (when & what?): gloss, luster, matte, cotton
c) how to frame according to collectors standards
14. Individual consultations.
15. Course summary.